Jump to navigation Jump to search
A place to find official rule changes, enhancements and errata. Also, fans can add their own house-rules as well.
Official Changes, Enchancements & Errata
- Consequences for reducing damage in exchange for temporary challenges.
- Damage Variants for other ways of handling damage and the outcomes of conflicts.
- Determination Variants on different ways of figuring starting Determination and using Determination in play.
- Dice Variants, a quicker and even easier way to roll the dice.
- Example of Play, an extended example of a pair of ICONS heroes against a trio of villains.
- Lucky Seven resolution variant, eliminating negative numbers by adding a base difficulty of 7 to all tests.
- Maneuvers, a system for using ability tests to create temporary aspects and free uses of Determination for more dynamic game play.
- Pyramid Tests approach to handling complex or drawn-out challenges or interactions.
- Stamina Variants for different ways of handling tracking damage in conflicts.
Fan House Rules
- Additional Effects - I really like how stunt points work in DragonAge, so somewhat inspired by that I wrote the options for what happens when you roll major and massive successes in combat in ICONS.
- Aegis Universe house rules- Icons house rules for a game in progress.
- Alternate Combat Resolution Chart - Realigns the stun/slam/kill rules to operate consistently from the heroes’ point of view, rather than from the defenders’ point of view (regardless of heroism or villainy)
- Benchmarks for relating ICONS characters to established comic book heroes
- DCAU / MEGS House Rules - a work in progress rules mod for the DCAU universe with supporting GM's Screen
- Dr. Axiom's House Rules and Benchmarks
- House Rules - a collection of minor houserules.
- ICONS Clarification Notes (Version 2.1) - A collection of ICONS rules clarification questions with answers from Steve Kenson et al. from various sources such as RPGNet and the ICONS Yahoo Group mailing list. Updated 1/12/2012
- Icons Open Game Content - The Open Gaming Content from Icons. Obvious misspellings and punctuation errors have been corrected, but no other revisions have been made.
- Variable Damage and Marginal Successes - An alternate combat resolution scale by John Post
- A Method for Motivations, advice on using Marvel SAGA's Callings as a shorthand for Motivation Qualities.
- Motivations - a listing of motivations.
- Sean Patrick Fannon's ICONS House Rules - Now called the UnVerse Protocols, a living document as new ideas are brought out by continuous play.
- Sigils, a work-in-progress sword & sorcery conversion (UPDATE: New version v0.5 re-uploaded 3/5/11).
- Summon, a new power for summoning minions/henchmen
- Ron’s XP House Rules - An XP system he is using in his campaign.
- UnVerse Character Creation Rules - SPF's rules for actual character creation, attempting balance and adding some additional options to flesh characters out.
- UnVerse Resource Rules - These go along with the UnVerse Character Creation Rules and allow for lots of "cool stuff" for teams and heroes (and villains) who are gadget-oriented or who have lots of money for "all those wonderful toys."
- Vehicle and Chase Rules - OGL rules content for a new Vehicle power and accompanying Chase rules